Sold Out | Under the Blood-Red Sun
Sunday Sep 21 11:00 AM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
FREE special screening presented by Bank of Hawaii
Reservations recommended | Theater doors open at 10:30am
Directed by Tim Savage. USA. 2014. 90 mins.
This brand-new film, shot on location on O‘ahu, is an adaptation of the award-winning Graham Salisbury youth novel Under the Blood-Red Sun.
It's Dec. 7, 1941, and Tomikazu "Tomi" Nakaji and his best friend Billy Davis are playing baseball in a field near their homes in Hawai‘i when Japan launches a surprise attack at Pearl Harbor.
As Tomi looks up at the sky and recognizes the Blood-Red Sun emblem on the amber fighter planes, he knows that his life has changed forever.
His father and grandfather, both Japanese-Americans, are arrested and taken to internment camps. His mother loses her job because she is Japanese. Although Tomi feels frightened and ashamed of his native land, he is quickly forced to become the man of the family.
Under the Blood-Red Sun is an unforgettable tale of courage, survival and friendship.
See the trailer.
- Jellyfish Eyes
- Love Live! The School Idol Movie
- Bon Lin
- Battles Without Honor and Humanity
- Ballet on Screen: L'Histoire…
- June Bride: Redemption of a Yakuza
- JACO: A Documentary Film
- Godzilla: The Japanese Original
- Family Film Sunday: Fantasti…
- Attack on Titan: Part Two: E…
- HI Sk8 Films 2015 shorts showcase
- Opera on Screen: The Three T…
- I Am Thalente
- Rebels of the Neon God
- Stray Dogs
- Goodbye, Dragon Inn
- Opera on Screen: Carmen • En…
- Family Film Sunday: Snuggle …
- Ghost In the Shell: The New Movie
- Act of War: The Overthrow of…