Moana: The Rising of the Sea
Thursday Sep 25 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Vilsoni Hereniko. Fiji/USA. 2014. 35 mins.
Juxtaposing moving images of sea levels rising in Oceania with poetry, music, dance, and drama, this extraordinary film, which is based on the stage production of the same name, is a meditation on cultural loss, displacement, and our collective responsibility to each other. This elaborate and ambitious Oceanian music-dance-drama is born out of a desire to use the performing arts of the Pacific to bring attention to many island nations’ most pressing issue—climate change.
Special guest: Join us for a panel discussion on the impact of climate change and rising sea levels, led by Executive producer and writer, Professor Vilsoni Hereniko, following the screening.
- Don’t Think I’ve Forgotten: …
- Jackpot • Trúng Số
- Children of the Village • Nh…
- Lost Eyes • Hiệp Sĩ Mù
- The Prince and Pagoda Boy • …
- Scandal I • Bí Mật Thảm Đỏ
- Scandal 2 • Hao Quang Tro Lai
- Beyond the Surface
- The Search for Freedom
- iON the Barrel Vol. 2
- Strange Rumblings in Shangri…
- Into the Sea
- Breaking the Wave • Rompiend…
- Expencive Porno Movie, Fortu…
- Pacific Vibrations
- 70 E Tal • 70 Something
- What the Sea Gives Me + shorts
- Behind the Tide
- Oney Anwar: Chasing the Dream
- Attractive Distractions
- Wake Unto Blue
- Ocean Driven
- Pa‘a Ke Aupuni: The Reel His…
- Locked In!