Family Film Sunday • Sita Sings the Blues
Sunday Jan 18 11:10 AM
Sunday Jan 18 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
General Admission: $3.00
Children (12 & under): $1.00
About the Film:
Directed by Nina Paley. USA. 2008. 82 mins.
Tragedy, comedy and musical collide in this gloriously animated film from Nina Paley. Sita is a goddess separated from her beloved Lord and husband Rama. Nina is an animator whose husband moves to India, then dumps her by email. Three bickering shadow puppets with Indian accents act as comic narrators as these old and new stories are interwoven in a post-modern retelling of the ancient Indian epic Ramayana, animated in a dazzling mix of traditional and collage animation style, and backed by a soundtrack from legendary 1920's jazz singer Annette Hanshaw.
Recommended for ages 9 to adult.
Sponsored by the Sidney Stern Memorial Trust.
- CAFF 2019 Opening Night: Ani…
- CAFF 2019: Animated Lives
- CAFF 2019: Animated Perspectives
- CAFF Family Film Sunday: Mad…
- CAFF 2019 Family Film Sunday…
- Art & Mind
- August at Akiko's
- Taranta on the Road
- The Final Adventure of Kaktus Kid
- Iyengar: The Man, Yoga, and …
- I Still Hide to Smoke
- Walking on Water
- The Venerable W. (Le vénérable W.)
- MUG (Twarz)
- Murer: An Anatomy of a Trial