Saturday Jan 07 06:00 PM
Sunday Jan 08 01:00 PM
Tuesday Jan 10 01:00 PM
Tuesday Jan 10 07:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Part of the Bollywood Film Festival 2017
Directed by Gauri Shinde. India. 2016. 150 min. Hindi with English subtitles.
In this New York Times Critics’ Pick, Kaira (Alia Bhatt) is a promising cinematographer living in Mumbai. When her love life gets complicated and the building association kicks her out of her apartment, she finds herself moving back to the family home in Goa. While there, she meets the eccentric Dr. Jehangir Khan (Shah Rukh Khan) who helps Kaira gain a new perspective on life.
An intermission will be included with this film.
Read the New York Times review.
Opening-night reception: Saturday, Jan 7 at 6pm
The festival kicks off with a celebration to rival an Indian wedding! Dance and sing with classic Bollywood tracks from DJ Rhombus and live performances by Aaja Nachle. Get a beautifully designed henna tattoo by Patricia Hu. Ticket includes food from India Café, with wine, beer, and soda available for purchase. Dear Zindagi screens at 7:30pm.
- Ash is Purest White (江湖儿女)
- Pele's Path: The Journey Home
- LEONARDO cinquecento
- PIC Exchange: Leitis in Waiting
- Merata: How Mum Decolonised …
- Anote Tong in Conversation +…
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2019
- CAFF 2019 Opening Night: Ani…
- CAFF 2019: Animated Lives
- CAFF 2019: Animated Perspectives
- CAFF 2019 Family Film Sunday…
- Art & Mind