Tuesday Mar 28 01:00 PM
Tuesday Mar 28 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Tomer Heymann. Israel/Sweden/Germany/Netherlands. 2015. 100 min. English and Hebrew with English subtitles.
Ohad Naharin, artistic director of the Batsheva Dance Company, is regarded as one of the most important choreographers in the world. Meeting him at a critical turning point in his personal life, this spirited and insightful documentary will introduce you to a man with great artistic integrity and an extraordinary vision. Filmed over a period of eight years, director Tomer Heymann mixes intimate rehearsal footage with an extensive unseen archive and breathtaking dance sequences.
This story of an artistic genius who redefined the language of modern dance is guaranteed to leave you skipping.
Special thanks to our community partners Lisa Orig and Laura Reichhardt.
Read the Hollywood Reporter review.
- Flory’s Flame
- Broadway Musicals: A Jewish Legacy
- Reservoir Dogs • 25th Anniversary
- March of the Living
- Mr. Gaga
- I, Claude Monet
- Donnie Darko • 15th Anniversary
- Cézanne and I (Cézanne et moi)
- The African Doctor (Bienvenu…
- Arctic Heart (Le Secret des …
- He Even Has Your Eyes (Il a …
- After Love (L'économie du couple)
- At Eye Level
- Eva Hesse
- Fukushima, mon Amour
- Scrappin’ | Schrotten!
- Silicon Valley Revolution
- Center of My World
- Stefan Zweig: Farewell to Europe
- Slack Bay (Ma Loute)
- The Death of Louis XIV (La M…
- The 400 Blows (Les quatre ce…
- Maurizio Cattelan: Be Right Back
- Fantastic Planet (La Planète…
- Family Film Sunday: The Litt…
- My Life as a Zucchini (Ma vi…
- Young French Cinema Shorts 2017
- Like Crazy (La pazza gioia)
- Tomorrow (Demain)
- Toni Erdmann
- I, Olga Hepnarová (Já, Olga …
- Fire at Sea (Fuocoammare)
- Ashes and Diamonds (Popiół i…
- Afterimage (Powidoki)
- The Red Turtle (La tortue rouge)