Wednesday Mar 14 01:00 PM
Saturday Mar 17 08:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Part of the Honolulu Jewish Film Festival 2018.
Directed by Ofir Raul Graizer. 2017. Germany / Israel. English, German, and Hebrew with English subtitles.
Thomas, a young German baker, is having an affair with Oren, an Israeli married man who goes on frequent business trips to Berlin. When Oren dies in a car crash in Israel, Thomas travels to Jerusalem seeking answers regarding his death. Under a false identity, Thomas infiltrates the life of Anat, his lover’s newly widowed wife, who owns a small café in downtown Jerusalem. Thomas starts to work for her and creates German cakes and cookies that are popular with customers. Thomas finds himself involved in Anat’s life in a way he never dreamed. To protect the truth he will stretch his lie to a point of no return.
Read the Variety review.
- Grace Jones: Bloodlight and Bami
- The Martian
- Happening: A Clean Energy Re…
- Chronicle of Anna Magdalena Bach
- Momentum Generation
- Surf Cinema Nugs 2018
- Locals Only
- Blue Intensity + The Church …
- Her Waves
- The Endless Winter II; Surfi…
- Perilous Sea + The Seawolf
- Blue Road + Surfing the Sout…
- She is the Ocean
- Adaptive Surfing films + panel
- Wave Inspirations curated by…
- HI Sk8 Films Shorts Showcase 2018
- Family Film Sunday: Given
- Emocean + Cuban Wave Riders
- Big Wata (The Ocean)
- Surf Profiles
- The Essence