Yentl • 35th Anniversary
Sunday Mar 18 07:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Part of the Honolulu Jewish Film Festival 2018.
Directed by Barbra Streisand. 1983. USA. 134 min.
Barbra Streisand—who produced, directed and starred in Yentl—broke barriers when she became the first, and, to this day, only female recipient of the Best Director Golden Globe for the film. Based on the Isaac Bashevis Singer short story Yentl, the Yeshiva Boy, the film is about a young woman in pre-WWI Eastern Europe who disguises herself as a boy to pursue her passion for studying the Torah. When she falls in love with a fellow student (Mandy Patinkin) she cannot, of course, express her feelings.
The film will be introduced by Dr. Loretta Chen, professor at Leeward Community College.
- Grace Jones: Bloodlight and Bami
- The Martian
- Happening: A Clean Energy Re…
- Chronicle of Anna Magdalena Bach
- Summer 1993
- Momentum Generation
- Surf Cinema Nugs 2018
- Locals Only
- Blue Intensity + The Church …
- Her Waves
- The Endless Winter II; Surfi…
- Perilous Sea + The Seawolf
- Blue Road + Surfing the Sout…
- She is the Ocean
- Adaptive Surfing films + panel
- Wave Inspirations curated by…
- HI Sk8 Films Shorts Showcase 2018
- Family Film Sunday: Given
- Emocean + Cuban Wave Riders
- Big Wata (The Ocean)
- Surf Profiles
- The Essence