Family Film Sunday: Given
Sunday Jul 15 10:30 AM
Sunday Jul 15 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Part of Honolulu Surf Film Festival 2018.
Directed by Jess Bianchi. USA. 2016. 84 min.
The screening date was misprinted in the brochure as July 22. The screenings will take place on July 15 to be part of the museum's Family Sunday activities. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Don't miss this chance to see the Audience Choice: Feature award winner from last year's Honolulu Surf Film Festival!
Kaua‘i surfers Aamion and Daize Goodwin (Singlefin: yellow) set off on a year-long global adventure with a toddler and a newborn. Follow their globetrotting in this cinematically stunning film, told through memories of their six-year-old son—Given. They travel through 15 countries in the quest for surf and to fulfill a calling handed down through generations. Set in wave after wave of stunningly visual earthscapes, Given blooms into a tender yet stirring exploration of a young boy’s understanding of life through his familial bonds and their reverence for nature. Deeply moving, Given gives us the humbling contrast of a small voice voyaging through a big world as it finds its way home again.
- Surf Cinema Nugs 2019
- Board Shorts
- Heavy Water
- Rising Tide with Zak Noyle
- Family Film Sunday: Johnny T…
- PAIGE + TROUBLE: The Lisa An…
- Coldwater Journal
- Time Well Spent
- Everything in Between + From…
- Transcending Waves | La Ola …
- The Endless Summer II–25th A…
- In Dancing Days of Dawn
- Beyond the Noise + EOS
- Gun Ho!
- Opening Night: The Shiny Shr…
- Just Friends (Gewoon Vrienden)
- APQFFA Spotlight Film: House…
- Women’s/Queer Shorts Showcase
- Fireflies (Luciernagas)
- Gay Chorus Deep South
- Wild (Sauvage)
- The Garden Left Behind
- Women’s Centerpiece Film: Vi…
- Men’s Centerpiece Film: Gian…
- Before You Know It
- Tell It to the Bees
- Deep in Vogue
- Closing Night: Papi Chulo
- APQFFA Shorts Showcase 2019
- Men’s Shorts Showcase
- An Almost Ordinary Summer (C…
- World Premiere/Festival Fina…