Le Rafle (The Round Up)
Saturday Feb 19 07:30 PM
Sunday Feb 20 04:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $5.00
General Admission: $8.00
Student/Senior 60+/Military: $7.00
About the Film:
Director: Rose Bosch
France, Germany, Hungary, 2010 115 min. French, German, Yiddish w/English subtitles
A selection of the 9th Annual Temple Emanu-El Kirk Cashmere Jewish Film Festival.
Based on a true story. In 1942, Paris police arrested 13,000 Jews before sending them to Auschwitz. With this tragic, taboo chapter in France’s history as the backdrop, the film focuses on Joseph Weismann, a charming 11-year-old boy (he’s now 80) whose friends, family, and close-knit community gave each other hope and strength to endure their terrible reality. Starring Jean Reno.
Burl Burlingame, Honolulu Star-Advertiser journalist, will introduce the film and be available for a Q+A after screening on February 19 at 7:30pm.
See the trailer.
Try the new Doris Bistro: At the Feb. 19 screening, the Melt food truck will park in front of the Doris Duke Theatre and offer specials such as reuben melts and blintzes. There will be limited seating and water for purchase at the theater entrance on Kinau Street.
- Mr. Gaga
- I, Claude Monet
- Donnie Darko • 15th Anniversary
- Cézanne and I (Cézanne et moi)
- The African Doctor (Bienvenu…
- Arctic Heart (Le Secret des …
- He Even Has Your Eyes (Il a …
- After Love (L'économie du couple)
- At Eye Level
- Eva Hesse
- Fukushima, mon Amour
- Scrappin’ | Schrotten!
- Silicon Valley Revolution
- Center of My World
- Stefan Zweig: Farewell to Europe
- Slack Bay (Ma Loute)
- The Death of Louis XIV (La M…
- The 400 Blows (Les quatre ce…
- Maurizio Cattelan: Be Right Back
- Fantastic Planet (La Planète…
- Family Film Sunday: The Litt…
- My Life as a Zucchini (Ma vi…
- Young French Cinema Shorts 2017
- Like Crazy (La pazza gioia)
- Tomorrow (Demain)
- Toni Erdmann
- I, Olga Hepnarová (Já, Olga …
- Fire at Sea (Fuocoammare)
- Ashes and Diamonds (Popiół i…
- Afterimage (Powidoki)
- The Red Turtle (La tortue rouge)