Le Rafle (The Round Up)
Saturday Feb 19 07:30 PM
Sunday Feb 20 04:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $5.00
General Admission: $8.00
Student/Senior 60+/Military: $7.00
About the Film:
Director: Rose Bosch
France, Germany, Hungary, 2010 115 min. French, German, Yiddish w/English subtitles
A selection of the 9th Annual Temple Emanu-El Kirk Cashmere Jewish Film Festival.
Based on a true story. In 1942, Paris police arrested 13,000 Jews before sending them to Auschwitz. With this tragic, taboo chapter in France’s history as the backdrop, the film focuses on Joseph Weismann, a charming 11-year-old boy (he’s now 80) whose friends, family, and close-knit community gave each other hope and strength to endure their terrible reality. Starring Jean Reno.
Burl Burlingame, Honolulu Star-Advertiser journalist, will introduce the film and be available for a Q+A after screening on February 19 at 7:30pm.
See the trailer.
Try the new Doris Bistro: At the Feb. 19 screening, the Melt food truck will park in front of the Doris Duke Theatre and offer specials such as reuben melts and blintzes. There will be limited seating and water for purchase at the theater entrance on Kinau Street.
- The Internet Cat Video Festi…
- The Paw Project
- Opera on Screen | Lucrezia B…
- Björk: Biophilia Live
- Ballet on Screen | Julia Och…
- Bird People
- Nā Loea: Ancestral Ink + Nā …
- The Hawaiian Room
- ‘Ōiwi Shorts Showcase
- Waikiki Wedding
- The Haumana + Lāhainā Noon: …
- The Light in the Lady’s Eyes…
- Family Film Sunday: Na Mo‘ol…
- The Whole Shebang (Alles Inklusive)
- Munich in India (München in Indien)
- The Circle (Der Kreis)
- Windstorm (Ostwind - Zusamme…
- The Dark Valley (Das finstere Tal)
- Diplomacy (Diplomatie)
- For the Love of Tango
- Opera on Screen | La Ceneren…