Le Rafle (The Round Up)
Saturday Feb 19 07:30 PM
Sunday Feb 20 04:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $5.00
General Admission: $8.00
Student/Senior 60+/Military: $7.00
About the Film:
Director: Rose Bosch
France, Germany, Hungary, 2010 115 min. French, German, Yiddish w/English subtitles
A selection of the 9th Annual Temple Emanu-El Kirk Cashmere Jewish Film Festival.
Based on a true story. In 1942, Paris police arrested 13,000 Jews before sending them to Auschwitz. With this tragic, taboo chapter in France’s history as the backdrop, the film focuses on Joseph Weismann, a charming 11-year-old boy (he’s now 80) whose friends, family, and close-knit community gave each other hope and strength to endure their terrible reality. Starring Jean Reno.
Burl Burlingame, Honolulu Star-Advertiser journalist, will introduce the film and be available for a Q+A after screening on February 19 at 7:30pm.
See the trailer.
Try the new Doris Bistro: At the Feb. 19 screening, the Melt food truck will park in front of the Doris Duke Theatre and offer specials such as reuben melts and blintzes. There will be limited seating and water for purchase at the theater entrance on Kinau Street.
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana
- PIC Exchange: Road to the Globe
- PIC Exchange: Nā Loea: The M…
- Tokyo Fiancée • Ni d'Eve, ni d'Adam
- Ballet on Screen: Moulin Rou…
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Girlhood • Bande de filles
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- Number One Fan • Elle L'adore
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- The Young Girls of Rochefort…
- The Chef's Wife • On a faill…
- The Connection • La French
- Family Film Sunday: Song Of …
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …