Collecting Photography: Jim and Cherye Pierce
Monday Mar 31 07:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Lecture:
Moderated by Peter Shaindlin.
Jim and Cherye Pierce, the couple responsible for assembing the amazing works on view in Decisive Moments: Photographs from the Collection of Cherye R. and James F. Pierce, talk about what it takes to start a photography collection with Peter Shaindlin, who is the COO of Halekulani as well as an accomplished photographer. Get an inside look at a fascinating world of people with a passion for hunting—for the right photo.
Part of the Decisive Moments Photography Lecture Series.
- Roots in Jazz: Tuck & Patti …
- Art Deco in Hawai‘i: Some Hi…
- Music of Hawai‘i: Kuana Torr…
- Out of the Box: Ernie Halter
- Out of the Box: Raul Midón w…
- From Doris Duke’s Bedroom to…
- Shimmy Showcase | Essence
- Shimmy Showcase | The Unveiling