Soo Kim: The Near and the Elsewhere
Monday Mar 24 07:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Lecture:
Soo Kim, who just won the 2013 John Gutmann Photography Fellowship, will discuss some themes, processes, and methods in the making of her hand-cut, unique, photographic works. She will share background information and inspirations, histories and heroes.
Soo Kim is an artist and educator whose work has been exhibited in London, Seoul, The Hague, New York, and Los Angeles. Her works are in many public and private collections, including the Getty Museum, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Albright-Knox Art gallery, The Broad Foundation, among others. She is represented by Angles Gallery, Los Angeles. She received her BA in Art from UC Riverside, and her MFA in Art, Critical Writing, and Film/Video from the California Institute of the Arts, and teaches at Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles.
Read a Q+A with Soo Kim about her work.
- Alexis Rockman in The Green Room
- Home Free: Aloha in Art, Alo…
- Lopaka Kapanui: Edge of Darkness
- The Late Bronze Age Eruption…
- Moʻolelo Storytelling Festiv…
- Gannenmono: Un Yamada and Taimane
- Aloha 'Āina: Statecraft of t…
- Evan Khay: The New Direct