Lecture: Mark Pinsukanjana | Presenting Yourself as a Professional Artist
Friday Feb 28 10:30 AM
Honolulu Museum of Art
About the Lecture:
Education Lecture Hall (beneath Palm Courtyard), FREE
Are you an artist who is at the stage where you ask yourself, "Now that I have my body of work together, what do I do next?"?
In this presentation, Mark Pinsukanjana discusses how to price your work, editioning (if applicable), what to include in the artist statement, approaching art galleries and museums (artist submission package), and selling and talking about your work.
Mark Pinsukanjana is the co-founder, publisher and co-owner of Modernbook Gallery (since 1999) and Modernbook Editions (since 2005). He has curated more than 100 gallery exhibitions and has published 12 art book publications: Almost Fiction by Jaime Baldridge; Entropic Kingdom by Tom Chambers; Hong Kong Yesterday by Fan Ho; Searching for True North by Geir Jordahl; Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Maggie Taylor among others.
In addition, he has been a co-instructor of “Creating a Photography Exhibition: From Concept to Opening” with Stanford Continuing Studies from 2005 to 2010.” Currently he is on the Advisory Board at Foothill College Art Department. He received a Bachelor of Art from California State University, Long Beach. His interest in photography varies: beauty, figurative, color, digital, and black & white.
- A Hawaiian Whodunnit: An Int…
- Pineapples, Pasties & Pop Cu…
- Artists of Imayō: An Exhibit…
- Cultural Middle East Journey
- Shimmy Showcase 2016: Essence
- The Past as Future in Japane…
- Shimmy Showcase 2016: The Reveal
- Scratch Paper Sketch Comedy Show
- Music of Hawai‘i: Mango Season
- Haunted Hawaiian Nights 2016…
- Paniolo Roadhouse Opry
- Paul Schimmel | Lee Bontecou…
- Deb Aoki | Making a Living i…