Erika Elona and Hanale Bishop Live at the Doris Duke Theatre
Thursday Apr 24 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $15.00
General Admission: $20.00
About the Performance:
Join ‘Aumakua Recording artists Erika Elona and Hanale Bishop as they celebrate the release of their debut projects in an intimate performance. Come enjoy a night of great music and storytelling.
Hanale performs first, with songs from his new CD Evening Is the Time. Then Erika, whose influences range from Woodstock to punk rock, rounds out the evening with songs from her new CD Things to Break as well as new material she's been working on.
The two singer-songwriters also wrote one song together just for this concert.
Erika says to expect a "very singer-songwriter, storyteller session. I want to go into the process and how it relates to my personal life." You'll gain insight into the artists and the art of songwriting, and how it carries them through their life experiences.
- Artists of Imayō: An Exhibit…
- Lecture: La Bohème Preview
- Cultural Middle East Journey
- Shimmy Showcase 2016: Essence
- The Past as Future in Japane…
- Shimmy Showcase 2016: The Reveal
- Scratch Paper Sketch Comedy Show
- Music of Hawai‘i: Mango Season
- Haunted Hawaiian Nights 2016…
- Paniolo Roadhouse Opry
- Paul Schimmel | Lee Bontecou…
- Deb Aoki | Making a Living i…
- Japanese Painting and the We…
- Ryo Ide Piano Concert
- The Legend of Ko‘olau
- Kōjutsu: ʻFine Techniqueʻ in…