Dana Land & Her Cabana Boys: Tropicabana!
Friday May 23 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $20.00
General Admission: $25.00
About the Performance:
After years in California, the last three as a resident performer at the Lodge at Sonoma, Hawai‘i-born jazz vocalist Dana Land has returned home—and teamed up with some of the islands’ best musicians for Tropicabana! A Musical Romp Through the Tropics. Expect mambo, cha cha, calypso, and samba on this musical journey of favorites from Jobim to Sinatra. Accompanying Land are Honolulu Jazz Quartet members John Kolivas, Von Baron, and Tim Tsukiyama; Duke Ellington Orchestra music director Tommy James; and Steve Martinucci.
- Live Concert: Bollywood on Stage!
- Lecture: Pompeii and the 200…
- PAʻI Presents Moʻolelo (Hawa…
- Ron Artis II • 2017
- Art & Racial Justice: Conver…
- Chamber Music Hawaii: Malign…
- Harriet Returns: Based on th…
- Samson in Stone: New Discove…
- Shahzia Sikander: Parallax