The Hot & Heavy Ho‘olaule‘a Show: A Hawaiian-Style Burlesque Celebration!
Friday Jun 20 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Performance:
Reception: 6-7:30pm. Show: 7:30pm
Join us for a no-holds-barred, super fun Ho‘laule‘a, burlesque style! Ho‘olaule‘a is the Hawaiian word for “party,” and that's what this years revue will throw for its kama‘aina audiences! Starring a cast of local burlesque performers (soloists and troupes) that are so incredible they're almost edible—this ain’t your Tutu's lū‘au!
Dress to impress in your Hawaiian-print best! Bust out the muu‘muu and get the bedazzler! Hula skirts and coconuts encouraged!
General admission: $35
Museum members: $30
VIP seating: $45
VIP seating includes:
• The best seats in the house, with an up close and personal view of all of our lovely performers!
• A complimentary HBF 2014 poster, designed by Claudette Barjoud of Fluff and signed by the show cast
• A post-show meet-and-greet with the HBF 2014 cast.
• Hawaiian-style party favors and accessories to use during the show and take home
- The Glades Project and Panel…
- From Pineapples to Pasties: …
- Pasties Across The Pacific: …
- The Hot Lava Hukilau | A Haw…
- Exhibition closing talk with…
- Healoha Johnston | Hawai‘i C…
- Music of Hawai‘i: Foreseeabl…
- Soirée Edith Piaf
- The Splendor of Korean Ceram…
- Shimmy Showcase 2015: Essence
- Shimmy Showcase 2015: The Reveal