Saturday Aug 09 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Performance:
Tyrone Wells may be based in California, but he’s got strong Hawai‘i ties—he’s married to the sister of Kupa ‘Aina frontman Kevin Chang, so his Honolulu show will be a family affair, with relatives and friends joining him on stage.
Wells worked his way up from SoCal coffee shops to soundtrack regular. His songs have more than 50 television and film placements on such hit shows as Scrubs, Grey’s Anatomy, and Rescue Me, and his albums regularly top the iTunes Singer Songwriter rankings—his most recent album, Where We Meet, reached top 10 over all.
Earlier this year, a video of Wells singing to his daughter went viral with more than 800,000 views to date. In the video he sings Beautiful Girl, Beautiful World, a song he wrote for his wife. Get ready for an intimate, heart-warming experience.
Museum members: $20
General admission: $25
VIP reserved seating museum members: $40
VIP reserved seating general admission: $45
- Lecture: 'A Streetcar Named …
- Live Concert: Bollywood on Stage!
- Lecture: Pompeii and the 200…
- PAʻI Presents Moʻolelo (Hawa…
- Ron Artis II • 2017
- Art & Racial Justice: Conver…
- Chamber Music Hawaii: Malign…
- Harriet Returns: Based on th…
- Samson in Stone: New Discove…
- Shahzia Sikander: Parallax