Music of Hawai‘i: Kuana Torres Kahele
Wednesday Sep 17 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Performance:
The Doris Duke Theatre and Honolulu Museum of Art welcome multiple Na Hoku Hanohano Award winning vocalist and musician Kuana Torres Kahale to his first performance in the theatre’s Music of Hawai’i series.
Kuana has seen major success as a founding member of Na Palapalai, as a solo act and as a producer. Kuana currently maintains his own Hawaiian Music & Culture School in Japan. He teaches in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka with over 200 combined students. He offers courses in voice, haku mele, mele hula, fresh lei making, ukulele and guitar. He is one of the most popular entertainers performing in Hawai‘i and Japan. He performs and teaches cultural workshops all over the world.
It is an honor to have him at our Music of Hawai’i series in between his recording and world touring.
General: $25 | Museum Members: $20
General: $45 | Museum Members: $40
- Hawaiian Ghost Stories: The …
- Lecture: Sea of Galilee Boat…
- The Aloha Follies: A Glamour…
- A Hawaiian Whodunnit: An Int…
- Pineapples, Pasties & Pop Cu…
- Cultural Middle East Journey
- Shimmy Showcase 2016: Essence
- Shimmy Showcase 2016: The Reveal
- Paniolo Roadhouse Opry