Ayad Alkadhi | Islamic Calligraphy and Design in Contemporary Art
Saturday Feb 28 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Lecture:
Part of programming for the exhibition Doris Duke’s Shangri La: Architecture, Landscape, and Islamic Art
Alkadhi, a previous Shangri La artist in residence, talks about the work of contemporary artists whose art employs calligraphy and design and how these examples inspired some of his recent work.
Note: The listed time for this lecture has been changed from Feb 28, 4pm to Feb 28, 1pm.
Attend a free workshop with Ayad Alkadhi that examines the intersection between graffiti and Islamic calligraphy on Sunday, March 1, at the Honolulu Museum of Art School. Space is limited. Register online.
- Alexis Rockman in The Green Room
- Home Free: Aloha in Art, Alo…
- Lopaka Kapanui: Edge of Darkness
- The Late Bronze Age Eruption…
- Moʻolelo Storytelling Festiv…
- Gannenmono: Un Yamada and Taimane
- Aloha 'Āina: Statecraft of t…
- Evan Khay: The New Direct