Exhibition closing talk with Maya Lea Portner
Saturday Sep 12 02:00 PM
Honolulu Museum of Art
About the Lecture:
2015 Catharine E.B Cox Award winner Maya Lea Portner will conduct an exhibition closing talk where she will discuss the concept and process behind the creation of Urbanophilia/Urbanophobia | Love and Fear of the City, a sculptural installation based on aerial photographs of selected zip codes in Honolulu.
Be sure not to miss this final opportunity to hear the artist speak about this unique body of work. The exhibition is on view through September 13 in the John Dominis and Patches Damon Holt gallery.
Free with museum admission.
- Alexis Rockman in The Green Room
- Home Free: Aloha in Art, Alo…
- Lopaka Kapanui: Edge of Darkness
- The Late Bronze Age Eruption…
- Moʻolelo Storytelling Festiv…
- Gannenmono: Un Yamada and Taimane
- Aloha 'Āina: Statecraft of t…
- Evan Khay: The New Direct