The Honolulu Museum of Art Spalding House
2411 Makiki Heights Drive
Honolulu, Hawai‘i 96822
From Waikīkī, drive mauka (toward the mountains) along Punahou Street. Turn left on Nehoa Street then turn right on Makiki Street. When the road forks, take the left onto Makiki Heights Drive and follow the road up the hill (about a mile). You will see our sign on the right, just before a hairpin turn. After the turn, the museum entrance is on your right.
From Waikiki, take the #13 bus on Kuhio Avenue towards downtown. Get off at the Alapai Transit Center near downtown to transfer to the #15 bus to Makiki Heights Drive. Disembark at the bus stop fronting Spalding House.
Click here for more details.
By courtesy shuttle from Beretania campus
Tuesday-Friday through April 28, the museum offers a free shuttle service between its Beretania and Makiki Heights campuses. From May 2 to June 20, the shuttle will only run on Tuesdays.
From Beretania campus to Spalding House: 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 1:45pm, 2:15pm
From Spalding House to Beretania campus: 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:15pm
Parking is FREE in the Spalding House parking lot.
Please do not park in the surrounding neighborhood.
Please lock your vehicle and do not leave valuables in sight.
At Spalding House
• See art in five main galleries, the Cades Pavillion, outdoor Surface Gallery, and in Spalding House Café.
HoMA SELECT is on view Nov 3, 2016 to June 25, 2017.
• Sculpture-filled gardens overlooking Diamond Head and Honolulu. The collection includes works by such artists as Satoru Abe, Toshiko Takaezu, Deborah Butterfield and George Rickey. Don't miss these spring 2017 garden events: The Nature of Drawing class and Medicinal Plant Walk + Infused Oil Making.
• David Hockney's L'Enfant et les sortilèges. Part of the Museum's permanent collection, housed in the Cades Pavilion.
• Sit indoors in a gallery-like atmosphere amid changing displays of art, or outdoors in a garden setting for coffee and lunch at the Spalding House Café.
• See the Surface Gallery mural by Telmo Miel and Evoca, produced in association with POW! WOW! Hawai‘i.
• Spalding House Family Lounge is a public space for family fun, featuring self-guided art activities, crafts, and films. Open during museum hours.
• Spalding House's bright, airy shop transforms this spring to reflect the season and surrounding gardens. Look for fun, eclectic items for the garden enthusiast and nature lover.
• The free Spalding House Family Day takes place on the third Sunday of each month.