June 24, 2011 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Academy of Arts
'Summer's Swell' information
June 24, 6-9pm
Isn't summer swell? Especially when there's a town swell. We celebrate the season that we always wish was endless. This month's chair: Rick Smoot
Sponsored by Hawai‘i Pacific Health.
Party in the Park
Bring a mat to hold your spot on the Central Court Lawn for a concert by cover band Sample.
Have some good old fashioned summer fun, play games and more.
DJ A-Z spins summah-time tunes.
Sit around the "campfire" and tell your favorite scary stories, or just chill with your friends.
See local artist Maile Thompson's paintings on canvas, from her summer series reflecting the ocean and things she loves about Hawai‘i.
Participated in last month's artist-in-residence project? You'll have a chance to find and take home your artwork from James Jack's project, Miniature Landscapes of Oahu.
Enter to Win
?art is back! Pick up your ?art guides from Central Courtyard and enter to win surf lessons from The Ty Gurney Surf School (includes 2hr. private lessons for two, 2 t-shirts, 2 souvenir water bottles, and a CD of photos from the lesson).
Town grills your favorite summer classics. Downtown mixes a special "Summer's Swell" cocktail. Food and drink for purchase.
Just a reminder—ARTafterDARKers can park in the following locations:
1) FREE: The Pro Park Parking Lot behind the Art Center at Linekona, entrances on Beretania and Young streets
2) FREE: Street parking on Beretania and Kinau Street from 6 p.m.
3) FREE: Academy Staff Parking Lot at 1035 Kinau St., diamondhead of Victoria Street
4) $5 at the First United Methodist Church Parking Lot on the corner of Beretania and Victoria streets. NOTE: lot closes promptly at 10 p.m.
5) $5 at Kim Chee III Parking Lot on Young Street