February 24, 2017 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
'I <3 U' information
Love is in the air.
Presented by the Domestic Violence Action Center.
Admission is free for museum members and $25 for non-members upon entry. For the same price, you can buy or renew a membership now to get checked in quick at the event, and get in free to ARTafterDARK all year. Members: Get in even faster with your digital member card in the HoMA mobile app.
ART + ENTERTAINMENT
• DJ Tittahbyte will make your heart beat a little faster with beats of her own
• Take a #LoveYourselfie and make sure to share the love!
• Watch Aerials by Samadhi perform an aerial dance—they'll make your imagination soar!
• Mark your heart's true home on the "Worldwide Web of Love" map and see where your fellow ARTafterDARKers have left their hearts around the world.
• Thi Van Nguyen will strum his guitar—and maybe a few heartstrings—during a romantic serenade.
• Missed Projections: Broadcast a message from the heart using the HoMA mobile app.*
Your messages will be projected on a screen in Kīna‘u Courtyard.
1. Open the app, and go to the “Social” tab
2. Post a Tweet with the hashtag #ARTafterDARK or write anonymously inside the app:
You can write a shout out to a missed connection in the crowd; send a special message to a special someone; or, for a chance to win a HoMA swag-bag, post your best art-pun pick-up line.**
* The app is free on iTunes and Google Play. Just search “Honolulu Museum of Art.”
** To enter the contest, you must identify yourself at the projection station.
FOOD + DRINK
Food provided by EAT Honolulu. Drinks by Free Spirits Mobile Bartenders.
• Asparagus + mushroom lasagna (vegetarian) drizzled with white truffle oil + fontina cheese sauce - $7
• “Caprese” slider (vegetarian option available) with fresh mozzarella, local arugula, Hau’ula tomato + prosciutto crisp - $6
• Langostine “pot pie” with saffron cream, English peas, + sweet corn - $8
• Braised short rib bowl (vegetarian option available) with O‘ahu tomato chutney over crème fraîche red potato “mash” - $8
$25 for all four dishes
• Gorgonzola pannacotta with strawberry compote - $4
• EAT’s signature style sugar spice bacon dipped in award-winning Waialua chocolate, sprinkled with cocoa nibs - $5
Specialty cocktail: Godiva white chocolate liquor, New Amsterdam vodka, and raspberry purée.
You can find parking at the following locations:
• Street parking on Beretania and Kina‘u streets from 6pm. FREE
• Lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School (1111 Victoria St.), enter from Beretania or Young street
NOTE: Lot closes promptly at 11pm