March 31, 2017 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
Explore immersive installations by local artists in Artists of Hawai‘i 2017.
Presented by Nordstrom.
Admission is free for museum members and $25 for non-members upon entry. For the same price, you can buy or renew a membership now to get checked in quick at the event, and get in free to ARTafterDARK all year. Members: Get in even faster with your digital member card in the HoMA mobile app.
This month, the first 300 guests will get a pair of swagalicious Artists of Hawai‘i sunglasses!
ART + ENTERTAINMENT
• ‘Ukulele star Taimane brings a contemporary Hawaiian sound to the museum.
• DJ Melody Jay spins modern island jams in the Luce Pavilion.
• Daniel Anthony of Mana Ai demonstrates the Hawaiian tradition of pa‘i‘ai pounding. Guests are encouraged to sample the finished product.
• Art scavenger hunt: Take a quiz in the HoMA mobile app to find works of art in galleries. The first (2) winners to solve the puzzle will receive a Grand Prize tote bag, including two (2) tickets to Spring Beauty Trend Week Cocktail Hour on Friday, May 5, 2017 from 6-9 pm at Nordstrom Ala Moana. The first 10 winners get an AlohArt tote bag—while supplies last!
FOOD + DRINK
Drinks by Free Spirits Mobile Bartenders.
Skinny Colada: A lighter take on the tropical favorite, made with Juic'd Life's fresh, cold-pressed coconut milk, pineapple juice, and Bacardi Silver rum.
You can find parking at the following locations:
• Street parking on Beretania and Kina‘u streets from 6pm. FREE
• Lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School (1111 Victoria St.), enter from Beretania or Young street
NOTE: Lot closes promptly at 11pm