Step Up to the Plate (Entre les Bras)
Saturday Feb 02 01:00 PM
Saturday Feb 02 04:00 PM
Saturday Feb 02 07:30 PM
Tuesday Feb 05 01:00 PM
Tuesday Feb 05 07:30 PM
Wednesday Feb 06 01:00 PM
Wednesday Feb 06 07:30 PM
Thursday Feb 07 01:00 PM
Thursday Feb 07 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Paul Lacoste, France, 2012, 90 mins.
In French with English subtitles.
Michel Bras, one of the most influential chefs in the world, has decided to hand over his renowned three-Michelin-Star restaurant to his son Sébastien. Having worked with his father for 15 years, Sébastien is ready. But it’s not easy to take over the family business when your father is a master in his field. Filmed in the gorgeous Aubrac region in the South of France, home to the Bras family for generations, Step Up To The Plate offers a rare glimpse into the Bras’ culinary process while capturing one of the most closely watched transitions in the world of haute cuisine.
Official Selection: Berlin International Film Festival
NYT Critics' Pick- Read the review here.
View the trailer.
- Sana Dati | If Only
- Family Film Sunday: Talk to …
- Afternoon of a Faun: Tanaqui…
- Lenny Cooke
- Opera on Screen: La Bohème f…
- Short Peace
- Le Chef
- Ballet on Screen: La Sylphid…
- Mood Indigo | L'écume des jo…
- Bicycling with Molière | Alc…
- On My Way | Elle s’en va
- The French Minister | Quai d’Orsay
- Chinese Puzzle | Casse-tête chinois
- Queen Margot | La reine Margo
- Picasso’s Gang | La Banda Picasso
- Opera on Screen: Jules Masse…
- Family Film Sunday: See The …