Step Up to the Plate (Entre les Bras)
Saturday Feb 02 01:00 PM
Saturday Feb 02 04:00 PM
Saturday Feb 02 07:30 PM
Tuesday Feb 05 01:00 PM
Tuesday Feb 05 07:30 PM
Wednesday Feb 06 01:00 PM
Wednesday Feb 06 07:30 PM
Thursday Feb 07 01:00 PM
Thursday Feb 07 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Paul Lacoste, France, 2012, 90 mins.
In French with English subtitles.
Michel Bras, one of the most influential chefs in the world, has decided to hand over his renowned three-Michelin-Star restaurant to his son Sébastien. Having worked with his father for 15 years, Sébastien is ready. But it’s not easy to take over the family business when your father is a master in his field. Filmed in the gorgeous Aubrac region in the South of France, home to the Bras family for generations, Step Up To The Plate offers a rare glimpse into the Bras’ culinary process while capturing one of the most closely watched transitions in the world of haute cuisine.
Official Selection: Berlin International Film Festival
NYT Critics' Pick- Read the review here.
View the trailer.
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana
- PIC Exchange: Road to the Globe
- PIC Exchange: Nā Loea: The M…
- Tokyo Fiancée • Ni d'Eve, ni d'Adam
- Ballet on Screen: Moulin Rou…
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Girlhood • Bande de filles
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- Number One Fan • Elle L'adore
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- The Young Girls of Rochefort…
- The Chef's Wife • On a faill…
- The Connection • La French
- Family Film Sunday: Song Of …
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …