Monday Feb 18 01:00 PM
Monday Feb 18 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Ya’ke Smith. USA, 2012. 86 mins, Hawai‘i premiere
Ya’ke Smith, known for his unflinching and veracious style of storytelling, is a rising voice in independent cinema (we screened his award-winning short Katrina’s Son in our 2011 festival). With Wolf, he explores the unspeakable trauma of a family shaken to the core when they discover their son has been molested. Defying expectations, Smith transforms tragedy into powerful story of betrayal, faith and reconciliation.
Winner: Grand Jury Prize, Dallas International Film Festival
View the trailer.
- Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem
- A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night
- Ballet on Screen: Don Quixot…
- Stage on Screen: Great Expec…
- Opera on Screen: Arabella • …
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Family Film Sunday: Azur & Asmar
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana