Shuddh Desi Romance
Sunday Jan 05 07:30 PM
Thursday Jan 09 12:30 PM
Tuesday Jan 21 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Directed by Maneesh Sharma. 2013. India. 141 mins. Hindi with English subtitles.
This fresh, very real comedy looks at the minefield between love, attraction, and commitment in modern India—with a vibrant soundtrack and gorgeous Jaipur locations. Raghu (rising star Shushant Singh Rajput, who also appears in Kai Po Che!) needs a woman in his life. Entirely modern Gayatri (Parineeti Chopra) is skeptical about love and marriage. Tara (Vaani Kapoor) is a closet romantic who knows what’s right for her, but isn’t afraid to experiment along the way. Director Maneesh Sharma (Band Baaja Baaraat) builds a classic love triangle, while finding ways to question the old conventions, and reflect the changing nature of romance and relationships in India today.
View the trailer.
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Family Film Sunday: Azur & Asmar
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana
- PIC Exchange: Road to the Globe
- PIC Exchange: Nā Loea: The M…
- Tokyo Fiancée • Ni d'Eve, ni d'Adam
- Ballet on Screen: Moulin Rou…
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Girlhood • Bande de filles
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- Number One Fan • Elle L'adore
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- The Young Girls of Rochefort…
- Almost Friends • On a failli…
- The Connection • La French
- Family Film Sunday: Song Of …