Saturday Jan 18 07:30 PM
Wednesday Jan 22 12:30 PM
Sunday Jan 26 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. 2013. India. 155 mins. Hindi with English subtitles.
In this lush, visually stunning Bollywood rendering of Romeo & Juliet, charming vagabond Ram (Ranveer Singh) meets the passionate Leela (Deepika Padukone) during a village Holi celebration. It’s love at first sight for the pair, but their families have been sworn enemies for 500 years. Against a backdrop of violence and vengeance, Ram and Leela fight the world to live their own dreams. What will happen when they declare their love to the world? Will their families relent or will Ram and Leela carve their own destiny? Borrowing a page out of Baz Luhrmann’s book, director Sanjay Leela Bhansali (Guzaarish, Devdas) stages a dazzling light-and-sound show, capturing the ecstasy of first love, the thrill of clandestine meetings, and the obsession of great rivalries with epic cinematic flair.
View the trailer.
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival 2015
- Racing Extinction
- Speechless: A Polar Realm • …
- Shark Girl • México Pelágico
- Into the Gyre • The Plastic Age
- Our Deepest Waters • My Sal…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …
- Opera on Screen • Benvenuto …