Blue Road + Surfing the South Island of New Zealand
Thursday Jul 12 07:30 PM
Saturday Jul 14 04:00 PM
Wednesday Aug 01 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Part of Honolulu Surf Film Festival 2018.
The surf trip documentary has been a staple of the genre since the days of The Endless Summer. Re-experience this classic format through the eyes of these female surfers.
Total runtime: 83 min.
Surfing the South Island of New Zealand
Directed by Apolla Echino. 2016. Canada / New Zealand. 39 min.
Canadian filmmaker Apolla Echino was tired of seeing men get to have all the fun in adventure films and is on a one-woman mission to turn the camera on the female traveler. The latest chapter in the series, A Woman’s Guide to the World is a winter surf trip across the stunning South Island of New Zealand.
Directed by Alena Ehrenbold. 2017. Hawaiʻi / Switzerland. 44 min. English, French, and German with English subtitles.
Seeking answers to questions of life, three surfers—Annabel, Rachel, and Alena—embark on a lifetime adventure to Hawaiʻi, the birthplace of surfing.
- Cat Video Film Festival 2019
- I Am Cuba
- Police Story
- Police Story 2
- Family Film Sunday: The CAFF…
- Ash is Purest White (江湖儿女)
- Pele's Path: The Journey Home
- LEONARDO cinquecento
- PIC Exchange: Leitis in Waiting
- Merata: How Mum Decolonised …
- Anote Tong in Conversation +…
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2019
- CAFF 2019 Opening Night: Ani…
- CAFF 2019: Animated Lives
- CAFF 2019: Animated Perspectives
- CAFF 2019 Family Film Sunday…