She is the Ocean
Sunday Jul 22 01:00 PM
Wednesday Jul 25 07:30 PM
Saturday Jul 28 04:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Part of Honolulu Surf Film Festival 2018.
Directed by Inna Blokhina. 2017. Russia. 110 min.
The July 22 screening was misprinted in the brochure as July 15. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Russian director Inna Blokhina’s most ambitious project to date, She is the Ocean, examines the lives of eight extraordinary women who define the courage and spirituality it takes to lead a life of the sea. A big wave surfer, a freediver, a midwife, a scientist, a fourteen-year-old surfing prodigy, even a cliff diver. Covering all corners of the globe, including Hawaiʻi and Russia, She is the Ocean is a thoughtful examination of remarkable women who share a profound love for the sea. A love so profound that they have all chosen to make it the center of their physical, philosophical and professional lives. Subjects include Coco Ho, Jeannie Chesser, and more.
- Cat Video Film Festival 2019
- I Am Cuba
- Police Story
- Police Story 2
- Family Film Sunday: The CAFF…
- Ash is Purest White (江湖儿女)
- Pele's Path: The Journey Home
- LEONARDO cinquecento
- PIC Exchange: Leitis in Waiting
- Merata: How Mum Decolonised …
- Anote Tong in Conversation +…
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2019
- CAFF 2019 Opening Night: Ani…
- CAFF 2019: Animated Lives
- CAFF 2019: Animated Perspectives
- CAFF 2019 Family Film Sunday…