Saturday Sep 29 07:30 PM
Sunday Sep 30 04:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Directed by Crystal Moselle. USA. 2018.
In the first narrative feature from The Wolfpack director Crystal Moselle, Camille—an introverted teenage skateboarder (newcomer Rachelle Vinberg) from Long Island—meets and befriends an all-girl, New York City-based skateboarding crew called Skate Kitchen. She falls in with the in-crowd, has a falling-out with her mother, and falls for a mysterious skateboarder guy (Jaden Smith). But a relationship with him proves to be trickier to navigate than a kickflip. Writer/director Crystal Moselle immersed herself in the lives of skater girls and worked closely with them to ensure the film's authenticity, which combines poetic, atmospheric filmmaking with hypnotic skating sequences. Skate Kitchen precisely captures the experience of women in male-dominated spaces and tells a story of a girl who learns the importance of camaraderie and self-discovery.
Please note that this film is rated R and contains material that may not be appropriate for children.
Read the Indiewire review.
- Cat Video Film Festival 2019
- I Am Cuba
- Police Story
- Police Story 2
- Family Film Sunday: The CAFF…
- Ash is Purest White (江湖儿女)
- Pele's Path: The Journey Home
- LEONARDO cinquecento
- PIC Exchange: Leitis in Waiting
- Merata: How Mum Decolonised …
- Anote Tong in Conversation +…
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2019
- CAFF 2019 Opening Night: Ani…
- CAFF 2019: Animated Lives
- CAFF 2019: Animated Perspectives
- CAFF 2019 Family Film Sunday…