Class Name :
Wash Drawing for the Timid • July 11–Aug 15 • Thu 1–4pm • DPJB192L24
Class Date :
July 11 - August 15
Meeting Times :
Class Location :
About this Class:
Individual guidance and encouragement is offered as you develop fundamental skills in a structured, step-by-step format utilizing basic drawing and monochromatic washes to paint simple objects. Demonstrations, exercises, and assignments are designed to increase confidence in drawing and various wash techniques. Explore the simplicity of a single color to render objects in a realistic manner.
Activities required at scheduled times other than class times:
Two (2) homework projects will be assigned, one every three weeks.
Student learning outcomes for the course are:
1. To guide the student in developing a workable technique for realistic wash drawing.
2. To help students build self-confidence in their ability to successfully complete a realistic wash drawing.
Students will learn:
1. proper use and care of watercolor materials.
2. various painting techniques: wet into wet, dry brush, splatter techniques, etc.
3. techniques for creating even and graded washes.
4. layering techniques for creating a monochromatic wash drawing.
5. ways to improve their drawing skills to “see” like an artist.
6. to “see” and draw shapes and arrange them for dramatic compositions.
LAST DAY TO REGISTER: Two (2) weeks before the first day of class.
Need a parking pass? Buy one here!