Class Name :
Lithography • Sat 9-12:00pm • PMPG183L80
Class Date :
September 15 - December 08
Meeting Times :
Class Location :
About this Class:
This course is an introductory experience in the planographic techniques of stone lithography. Students will be exposed to a variety of processes and techniques, and understand its technical foundation and contemporary practice of lithography. The course will focus on traditional practices as well as unconventional approaches to the medium.
This class will visit the museum galleries to study the collection for inspiration.
Instructor will discuss supplies at first day of class. No purchases are necessary before then and if you already have them, then great!
• Sketchbook (for note taking/sketching)
• Pencil (4H or higher)
• Ballpoint pen
• Sharpie pen (fine/ultra fine point – black)
• Apron or equivalent clothing protection (can be borrowed in the studio)
• Stones Crayons drawing kit
• X-Acto knife (#11 blades)
• Assorted small brushes
• Paper towel or rags (rags are also found in the studio)
• Cellulose sponge (ocelo)
• Carbon paper
• Printing paper (mainly Rives BFK and Arches)
*Please note we are no longer accepting registration for this course
Need a parking pass? Buy one here!