April 29, 2016 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
'Plastic Fantastic?' information
Saving the ocean one piece of plastic at a time.
HONEY BEAR HUNT
In the Plastic Fantastic? exhibition at Spalding House there is a honey bear head. Find the honey bear and you could win a VIP experience at ARTafterDARK (which includes admission for four, a reserved table, and a bottle of wine). The hunt ends Monday, April 25, 2016.
ART + ENTERTAINMENT
• The Honolulu Printmakers will screen print Plastic Fantastic? tote bags to give away. The first 150 guests can take one home!
• Guests are invited to take part in the Plastic Fantastic? exhibition's One Ounce Project. One ounce represents the amount of disposable plastics an average American uses every three hours. Guest can create their own art pieces by stringing together 1-ounce fragments of pre-drilled plastic debris collected during beach cleanups throughout Hawai‘i.
• Upcycle Nespresso pods in to necklaces, pendants, bracelets, and other accessories.
• Melody Jay will be spinning her island beats.
• Enjoy the bluegrass sounds of Butterside Down.
FOOD + DRINK
• Appetizer: Pok Pok papaya salad
• French dip sandwich
• Noodle soups:
Free-range chicken phở
Rib eye phở
Beef tendon phở
Farmer’s vegetarian phở
• Dry noodles:
Laotian grilled chicken
• Dessert: Brown butter snickerdoodle
• Enjoy Kona Brewinng Company beers all night for $5 (a dollar off the usual event price!). The first 125 people will receive collectible Kona Brewing pint glasses.
• Note: In an effort to reduce plastic waste, we will not be selling bottled water this month. Instead, guests may purchase resuable cups that can be filled at fountains around the museum.
You can find parking at the following locations:
• Street parking on Beretania and Kina‘u streets from 6pm. FREE
• Lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School (1111 Victoria St.), enter from Beretania or Young street
NOTE: Lot closes promptly at 11pm