July 28, 2017 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
'POW! WOW! x tokidoki' information
Featuring Jasper Wong and Simone Legno.
Presented by Bank of Hawaii.
Museum members: Admission is free for museum members. You do not need a ticket. For a speedy entry, use your digital member card in the HoMA mobile app—or check in at the event through the members' line.
Non-members: General admission is $25. You can purchase tickets at the event, or online using the button below. Or, for the same price you can join or renew a membership to get into ARTafterDARK for free all year.
POW! WOW! AND TOKIDOKI EXCLUSIVE DESIGN AND LIVE PAINTING
Jasper Wong of POW! WOW! and Simone Legno of tokidoki have created an exclusive design for the Honolulu Museum of Art, which will debut at ARTafterDARK. The design can be found on tee shirts and prints in the Honolulu Museum of Art Shop, the exclusive retailer for the first run of the design.
Meet Simone Legno, founder of tokidoki, and Jasper Wong, POW! WOW! co-director, at a meet and greet in the museum shop from 6 to 6:30 PM. Both artists will be painting live in the Central Courtyard over the course of the evening - stop by to watch them complete their oversize piece!
Become a museum member for a chance to win the HoMA-exclusive POW! WOW! and tokidoki design tee shirt and print! The prize includes:
• A tee shirt with a HoMA-exclusive design created by Jasper Wong and Simone Legno
• A print of the same design
• A $50 Honolulu Museum of Art Gift Card
Join or renew your Honolulu Museum of Art membership (any level) and you will automatically be entered into a drawing to win the membership incentive (includes tee shirt, art print, and a HoMA Gift Card). By enrolling as a member, you agree to share your email address with our sponsor, Bank of Hawaii. Contest starts July 24, 2017, and ends at ARTafterDARK on July 28, 2017, at 9pm. Winner will be announced on Friday, August 4, by phone or email.
BANKOH TOKIDOKI SUSHI CAR GIVEAWAY
Want an adorable tokidoki sushi car? The first 200 people to take a picture in the Bank of Hawaii photo frame in Palm Courtyard and post it to Instagram will get a free sushi car to take home, courtesy of Bank of Hawaii! To qualify, make sure you tag @bankofhawaii and @honolulumuseum in your post. Bring your phone to the Bankoh table in the front of the museum to collect your prize!
ART + ENTERTAINMENT
• DJ Mr. Modular channels tokidoki's Japanese-inspired energy with the peppiest JPOP around
• DJ Tittahbyte brings her modern twist to nostalgic hits, similar to Jasper Wong's remix of cartoon favorites
• Mischievous tokidoki characters have been set loose in the museum; see if you can find them all! Once you've found them, test your knowledge of all things tokidoki and POW! WOW! with a quiz in the Honolulu Museum of Art app. The first 10 players to receive an "expert" score win a $5 gift card from the museum shop.
• The Honolulu Museum of Art Shop becomes a tokidoki pop up shop - make sure to bring home your favorite tokidoki character!
FOOD + DRINK
• Specialty Cocktail: Watermelon Splash—New Amsterdam Vodka mixed with fresh, cold pressed watermelon, lime, and mint then topped with crisp, refreshing, soda water.
You can find parking at the following locations:
• Street parking on Beretania and Kina‘u streets from 6pm. FREE
• Lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School (1111 Victoria St.), enter from Beretania or Young street
NOTE: Lot closes promptly at 11pm
Children’s Workshop: Imaginary Friends with POW! WOW! x tokidoki, July 29 09:30am-12:30pm