The Rajini Effect + Daadi
Wednesday Jan 08 12:30 PM
Thursday Jan 16 07:30 PM
Tuesday Jan 21 12:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
The Rajini Effect
Directed by Kuvera Sivalingam, Nelson Sivalingam. 2013. UK/India. 90 mins.
Taiho is an ordinary Japanese guy—who dreams of being Bollywood’s next leading man, just like his idol, Tamil cinema icon, Rajinikanth. Burdened by the realities of life, supporting his aging mother and looking for stable work, Taiho’s dreams slowly fade. But when he comes across a contest looking for “Tomorrow’s Superstar,” his passion is reignited. All he has to do is make a short film that illustrates his special superstar spark. With his accountant Ramu, a 50-year-old wannabe filmmaker, Taiho sets out to make the film, win the competition, and pay the ultimate homage to his idol. With no cast, no money and very little time, can they make the film and win the contest? Can a Japanese guy raised in London become the next Indian film star? The Rajini Effect is a touching comedy about fandom, fanaticism and the universal language of film.
View the trailer.
Directed by David Andrew Stoler. 2013. USA. 19 mins.
Laj Bedi was a star during Bollywood’s Golden Age. Now she is an 87-year-old grandmother living in a senior home in Harlem. Daadi is the true story of magic and memory, and the difference between living and being alive.
View the trailer.
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Family Film Sunday: Azur & Asmar
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana
- PIC Exchange: Road to the Globe
- PIC Exchange: Nā Loea: The M…
- Tokyo Fiancée • Ni d'Eve, ni d'Adam
- Ballet on Screen: Moulin Rou…
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Girlhood • Bande de filles
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- Number One Fan • Elle L'adore
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- The Young Girls of Rochefort…
- Almost Friends • On a failli…
- The Connection • La French
- Family Film Sunday: Song Of …