Sunday Mar 02 07:30 PM
Wednesday Mar 12 07:30 PM
Thursday Mar 13 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Jason Chaet. 2012. USA. 88 mins. In English.
Smoked fish, romance and the Upper West Side come together in this heartwarming New York indie comedy starring Jack Carpenter and Melanie Lynskey. For some, life is an adventure filled with opportunities to excel and places to explore. For Walter Himmelstein, endearingly known as Putzel, life doesn’t go beyond his family and neighborhood—he literally can’t cross the street. His aspirations of taking over his uncle’s smoked-fish emporium are disrupted by the arrival of Sally, who becomes romantically involved with his about-to-retire and very-married uncle. While Walter tries to thwart their romance to ensure he takes over the business, he finds his circumscribed life thrown off kilter, and, after years of being undermined by his family and friends, he finally starts to realize his full potential. With Sally’s help, Walter confronts his fears and proves he is more than a Putzel.
Winner: Best Picture, Phoenix Film Festival. Official Selection: Palm Springs International Film Festival, Cleveland International Film Festival, Seattle International Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana
- PIC Exchange: Road to the Globe
- PIC Exchange: Nā Loea: The M…
- Tokyo Fiancée • Ni d'Eve, ni d'Adam
- Ballet on Screen: Moulin Rou…
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Girlhood • Bande de filles
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- Number One Fan • Elle L'adore
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- The Young Girls of Rochefort…
- The Chef's Wife • On a faill…
- The Connection • La French
- Family Film Sunday: Song Of …
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …