Thursday Jun 23 01:00 PM
Thursday Jun 23 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Leos Carax. France. 1986. 105 min. French with English subtitles.
We dedicate one whole day of screenings to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Leos Carax’s star-studded cult classic Mauvais Sang. Set in Paris in the near future, the city is being ravaged by a fatal epidemic, a blood disease called STBO that affects only lovers. Marc (Michel Piccoli), an aging gangster, recruits the son of his old pal and former thief, Alex (Denis Lavant), to steal the serum for STBO. But their lives and the mission are shaken when Alex falls in love with Marc’s much younger mistress, Anna (Juliette Binoche).
See the trailer.
Read the Slant Magazine review.
Read the New York Times review.
- Reservoir Dogs • 25th Anniversary
- March of the Living
- Mr. Gaga
- I, Claude Monet
- Donnie Darko • 15th Anniversary
- Cézanne and I (Cézanne et moi)
- The African Doctor (Bienvenu…
- Arctic Heart (Le Secret des …
- He Even Has Your Eyes (Il a …
- After Love (L'économie du couple)
- At Eye Level
- Eva Hesse
- Fukushima, mon Amour
- Scrappin’ | Schrotten!
- Silicon Valley Revolution
- Center of My World
- Stefan Zweig: Farewell to Europe
- Slack Bay (Ma Loute)
- The Death of Louis XIV (La M…
- The 400 Blows (Les quatre ce…
- Maurizio Cattelan: Be Right Back
- Fantastic Planet (La Planète…
- Family Film Sunday: The Litt…
- My Life as a Zucchini (Ma vi…
- Young French Cinema Shorts 2017
- Like Crazy (La pazza gioia)
- Tomorrow (Demain)
- Toni Erdmann
- I, Olga Hepnarová (Já, Olga …
- Fire at Sea (Fuocoammare)
- Ashes and Diamonds (Popiół i…
- Afterimage (Powidoki)
- The Red Turtle (La tortue rouge)