It Ain't Pretty
Monday Jul 11 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Part of the Honolulu Surf Film Festival 2016
Directed by Dayla Soul. USA. 2016. 73 min.
It Ain’t Pretty is a film about the women who surf San Francisco’s Ocean Beach, and the movement of women creating new tides in big wave surfing. Over the course of three years, filmmaker Dayla Soul followed and documented the stories of these Bay Area women, exploring what drives their passion to paddle out. Soul spoke with a variety of surfers with a range of different abilities and skills, from the passionate beginner to the professional big wave surfer, and found out what it is that draws all of these women to surf these unforgiving waters.
See the trailer.
- Ash is Purest White (江湖儿女)
- Pele's Path: The Journey Home
- LEONARDO cinquecento
- PIC Exchange: Leitis in Waiting
- Merata: How Mum Decolonised …
- Anote Tong in Conversation +…
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2019
- CAFF 2019 Opening Night: Ani…
- CAFF 2019: Animated Lives
- CAFF 2019: Animated Perspectives
- CAFF 2019 Family Film Sunday…
- Art & Mind