Saturday Jul 08 01:00 PM
Wednesday Jul 12 01:00 PM
Sunday Jul 16 04:00 PM
Tuesday Aug 01 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Part of the Honolulu Surf Film Festival 2017
Directed by Jess Bianchi. USA. 2016. 84 min.
Kaua‘i surfers Aamion and Daize Goodwin (Singlefin: yellow) set off on a year-long global adventure with a toddler and a newborn. Follow their globetrotting in this cinematically stunning film, told through memories of their six-year-old son—Given. They travel through 15 countries in the quest for surf and to fulfill a calling handed down through generations. Set in wave after wave of stunningly visual earthscapes, Given blooms into a tender yet stirring exploration of a young boy’s understanding of life through his familial bonds and their reverence for nature. Deeply moving, Given gives us the humbling contrast of a small voice voyaging through a big world as it finds its way home again.
July 8 at 1pm: Three-time world champion surfer Carissa Moore will speak briefly to introduce the film and be available for a meet and greet after the screening.
Winter the Grommet
Directed by Stefan Hunt. USA. 2017. 5 min.
The inspiring true story of a grommet named Winter and how he made a difference.
- Grace Jones: Bloodlight and Bami
- The Martian
- Happening: A Clean Energy Re…
- Chronicle of Anna Magdalena Bach
- Momentum Generation
- Surf Cinema Nugs 2018
- Locals Only
- Blue Intensity + The Church …
- Her Waves
- The Endless Winter II; Surfi…
- Perilous Sea + The Seawolf
- Blue Road + Surfing the Sout…
- She is the Ocean
- Adaptive Surfing films + panel
- Wave Inspirations curated by…
- HI Sk8 Films Shorts Showcase 2018
- Family Film Sunday: Given
- Emocean + Cuban Wave Riders
- Big Wata (The Ocean)
- Surf Profiles
- The Essence