Saturday Jul 08 01:00 PM
Wednesday Jul 12 01:00 PM
Sunday Jul 16 04:00 PM
Tuesday Aug 01 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Part of the Honolulu Surf Film Festival 2017
Directed by Jess Bianchi. USA. 2016. 84 min.
Kaua‘i surfers Aamion and Daize Goodwin (Singlefin: yellow) set off on a year-long global adventure with a toddler and a newborn. Follow their globetrotting in this cinematically stunning film, told through memories of their six-year-old son—Given. They travel through 15 countries in the quest for surf and to fulfill a calling handed down through generations. Set in wave after wave of stunningly visual earthscapes, Given blooms into a tender yet stirring exploration of a young boy’s understanding of life through his familial bonds and their reverence for nature. Deeply moving, Given gives us the humbling contrast of a small voice voyaging through a big world as it finds its way home again.
July 8 at 1pm: Three-time world champion surfer Carissa Moore will speak briefly to introduce the film and be available for a meet and greet after the screening.
Winter the Grommet
Directed by Stefan Hunt. USA. 2017. 5 min.
The inspiring true story of a grommet named Winter and how he made a difference.
- Cat Video Film Festival 2019
- I Am Cuba
- Police Story
- Police Story 2
- Family Film Sunday: The CAFF…
- Ash is Purest White (江湖儿女)
- Pele's Path: The Journey Home
- LEONARDO cinquecento
- PIC Exchange: Leitis in Waiting
- Merata: How Mum Decolonised …
- Anote Tong in Conversation +…
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2019
- CAFF 2019 Opening Night: Ani…
- CAFF 2019: Animated Lives
- CAFF 2019: Animated Perspectives
- CAFF 2019 Family Film Sunday…