Emocean + Cuban Wave Riders
Sunday Jul 22 04:00 PM
Tuesday Jul 24 07:30 PM
Thursday Jul 26 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Part of Honolulu Surf Film Festival 2018.
See two films that follow people who embrace their love of the ocean despite the obstacles in their way.
Total runtime: 81 min.
Directed by Tony Harrington. 2018. Australia / USA. 61 min.
Emocean is a documentary with soul; a salty blend of stories by the eclectic assortment of people sharing tales of adventure, adrenaline, inspiration, love and loss, and their relationship with the ocean. The documentary follows personal stories from Hawaiʻi, California, and Australia in a love letter to the ocean by surfers, photographers, fishermen and marine scientists, and watermen.
Cuban Wave Riders
Directed by Liz Magee & Taylor McNulty. 2017. Cuba. 20 min. English and Spanish with English subtitles.
Follow the journey as four Cuban surfers try to find waves and bring legitimacy to the sport in their home country.
- Cat Video Film Festival 2019
- I Am Cuba
- Police Story
- Police Story 2
- Family Film Sunday: The CAFF…
- Ash is Purest White (江湖儿女)
- Pele's Path: The Journey Home
- LEONARDO cinquecento
- PIC Exchange: Leitis in Waiting
- Merata: How Mum Decolonised …
- Anote Tong in Conversation +…
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2019
- CAFF 2019 Opening Night: Ani…
- CAFF 2019: Animated Lives
- CAFF 2019: Animated Perspectives
- CAFF 2019 Family Film Sunday…