The Silent Revolution
Monday Jan 21 08:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Part of the 5th Berlin & Beyond Film Festival Honolulu.
Directed by Lars Kraume. 2018. Germany. 111 in. German and Russian with English subtitles. Hawaiʻi Premiere.
In this thrilling historical drama, a small act of solidarity brings chaos to the lives of a class of teenagers living in 1956 Communist-controlled East Germany. Classmates Kurt (Tom Gramenz) and Theo (Leonard Scheicher) could have never predicted that a casual but unauthorized trip to the movies in West Berlin would result in their divulging of political information that would forever change them and their fellow classmates. A Berlinale entry from historically minded director Lars Kraume (The People vs. Fritz Bauer), this fact-based drama offers a sobering reflection on the nature of protest and political action.
Price: $9-$12. Click the link above for tickets and pricing options.
- Surf Cinema Nugs 2019
- Thank You Mother
- Board Shorts
- Heavy Water
- Rising Tide with Zak Noyle
- Family Film Sunday: Johnny T…
- PAIGE + TROUBLE: The Lisa An…
- Coldwater Journal
- Time Well Spent
- Everything in Between + From…
- Transcending Waves | La Ola …
- The Endless Summer II–25th A…
- In Dancing Days of Dawn
- Beyond the Noise + EOS
- Gun Ho!
- Opening Night: The Shiny Shr…
- Just Friends (Gewoon Vrienden)
- APQFFA Spotlight Film: House…
- Women’s/Queer Shorts Showcase
- Fireflies (Luciernagas)
- Gay Chorus Deep South
- Wild (Sauvage)
- The Garden Left Behind
- Women’s Centerpiece Film: Vi…
- Men’s Centerpiece Film: Gian…
- Before You Know It
- Tell It to the Bees
- Deep in Vogue
- Closing Night: Papi Chulo
- APQFFA Shorts Showcase 2019
- Men’s Shorts Showcase
- An Almost Ordinary Summer (C…
- World Premiere/Festival Fina…