The Silent Revolution
Monday Jan 21 08:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Part of the 5th Berlin & Beyond Film Festival Honolulu.
Directed by Lars Kraume. 2018. Germany. 111 in. German and Russian with English subtitles. Hawaiʻi Premiere.
In this thrilling historical drama, a small act of solidarity brings chaos to the lives of a class of teenagers living in 1956 Communist-controlled East Germany. Classmates Kurt (Tom Gramenz) and Theo (Leonard Scheicher) could have never predicted that a casual but unauthorized trip to the movies in West Berlin would result in their divulging of political information that would forever change them and their fellow classmates. A Berlinale entry from historically minded director Lars Kraume (The People vs. Fritz Bauer), this fact-based drama offers a sobering reflection on the nature of protest and political action.
Price: $9-$12. Click the link above for tickets and pricing options.
- CAFF 2019 Opening Night: Ani…
- CAFF 2019: Animated Lives
- CAFF 2019: Animated Perspectives
- CAFF Family Film Sunday: Mad…
- CAFF 2019 Family Film Sunday…
- Art & Mind
- August at Akiko's
- Taranta on the Road
- The Final Adventure of Kaktus Kid
- Iyengar: The Man, Yoga, and …
- I Still Hide to Smoke
- Walking on Water
- The Venerable W. (Le vénérable W.)
- MUG (Twarz)
- Murer: An Anatomy of a Trial