Sunday Mar 03 11:00 AM
Doris Duke Theatre
General Admission: $15.00
About the Film:
Part of Honolulu Jewish Film Festival 2019.
Directed by Claus Räfle. 2017. Germany. German with English Subtitles. 110 min.
In June 1943, Germany infamously declared Berlin “judenfrei”—“free of Jews.” But at that moment there were still 7,000 Jews living in the Nazi capital: hiding in attics, basements, and warehouses, protected by courageous Berliners while desperately trying to avoid deportation.
The Invisibles tells the stories of four young Jews surviving in the middle of Berlin by living so recklessly that they become practically invisible to the Nazi regime.
Special guest: Dr. Didier Lenglare
- Birds of Passage
- A Bread Factory: Part I & II
- POSTPONED—T-Shirt Theatre pr…
- The Matrix–A Special 20th An…
- This Magnificent Cake
- Young Picasso
- 48-Hour Film Challenge
- An Elephant Sitting Still
- Ghosts of Amistad with Marcu…
- Worlds of Ursula K. Le Guin
- Cat Video Film Festival 2019
- I Am Cuba
- Police Story
- Police Story 2
- Family Film Sunday: The CAFF…