The Oslo Diaries
Sunday Mar 03 02:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
General Admission: $15.00
About the Film:
Part of Honolulu Jewish Film Festival 2019.
Directed by Mor Loushy and Daniel Sivan. 2018. Israel/Canada. Hebrew, Arabic, English with English subtitles. 95 min.
The year is 1992, and Israeli-Palestinian relations are at an all-time low. In an attempt to stop the bloodshed, a small group of Israelis and Palestinians meet in Oslo—secretly and against the law. The unsanctioned meetings that changed the Middle East forever are chronicled only by the negotiators' diaries.
Directors Mor Loushy and Daniel Sivan (Censored Voices, Sundance 2015) bring us a riveting account of 1,100 days of secret talks as told by the people who were there at the table. The participants’ detailed and often emotional entries recount the political intrigue, fiery rhetoric, unlikely friendships and, at the heart of it all, an overwhelming desire for peace.
Special guest: Dr. Robert Littman
- CAFF 2019 Opening Night: Ani…
- CAFF 2019: Animated Lives
- CAFF 2019: Animated Perspectives
- CAFF Family Film Sunday: Mad…
- CAFF 2019 Family Film Sunday…
- Art & Mind
- August at Akiko's
- Taranta on the Road
- The Final Adventure of Kaktus Kid
- Iyengar: The Man, Yoga, and …
- I Still Hide to Smoke
- Walking on Water
- The Venerable W. (Le vénérable W.)
- MUG (Twarz)
- Murer: An Anatomy of a Trial