Sunday Aug 04 06:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $12.00
General Admission: $15.00
About the Film:
Part of Honolulu Surf Film Festival 2019.
Closing reception: 6-7pm
Enjoy live music by Men In Grey Suits and refreshments for purchase in the Luce Pavilion prior to the screening.
Directed by Bud Browne. 1963. USA. 73 min.
Gun Ho! is one of Bud Browne’s heavy surf classics featuring the greatest hot doggers and big wave riders of the 1950’s and 1960’s. Filmed primarily in Hawai‘i and narrated by Peter Cole, it features surfers Butch Van Artsdalen, Ricky Grigg, Buzzy Trent, Greg Noll, Phil Edwards, Dewey Weber, Miki Dora, Paul Strauch, John Peck, Mike Doyle and many others.
The feature will be preceded by the announcement of the film awards and Kimo, a short tribute to Kimo Hollinger, who starred in Gun Ho!
After the film, stay for a talk story with a group of Hawai‘i surf luminaries led by Anna Trent Moore of the Bud Browne Film Archives. Special guests include Clark Abby, Joey Cabell, Peter Cole, Darrick Doerner, Randy Rarick and Jock Sutherland.
- Surf Cinema Nugs 2019
- Thank You Mother
- Board Shorts
- Heavy Water
- Rising Tide with Zak Noyle
- Family Film Sunday: Johnny T…
- PAIGE + TROUBLE: The Lisa An…
- Coldwater Journal
- Time Well Spent
- Everything in Between + From…
- Transcending Waves | La Ola …
- The Endless Summer II–25th A…
- In Dancing Days of Dawn
- Beyond the Noise + EOS
- Gun Ho!
- Opening Night: The Shiny Shr…
- Just Friends (Gewoon Vrienden)
- APQFFA Spotlight Film: House…
- Women’s/Queer Shorts Showcase
- Fireflies (Luciernagas)
- Gay Chorus Deep South
- Wild (Sauvage)
- The Garden Left Behind
- Women’s Centerpiece Film: Vi…
- Men’s Centerpiece Film: Gian…
- Before You Know It
- Tell It to the Bees
- Deep in Vogue
- Closing Night: Papi Chulo
- APQFFA Shorts Showcase 2019
- Men’s Shorts Showcase
- An Almost Ordinary Summer (C…
- World Premiere/Festival Fina…