February 26, 2016 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
Afrofuturism: Where pyramids, politics and space collide.
ART + ENTERTAINMENT
• Honolulu's first ever large-scale public silent disco! The first 500 people in the door at ARTafterDARK: Afrofuture will receive wireless headphones streaming live beats. All you have to do is crank up the volume and dance! Technology provided by Sound Off Experience.
DJs performing at the Silent Disco include Maynard G, Davey Shindig, DJ Sejika, and count weevil.
• Art projection by Afrofuture artist Ed Hemphill
• Free screening of milestone Afrofuture film The Last Angel of History by John Akomfrah
• ?Art in Gallery 27
FOOD + DRINK
Food provided by StreetGrindz and Soul Patrol. Beverages provided by Free Spirits Mobile Bartenders.
• Try this month's specialty cocktail featuring vinique shimmering liquor that Free Spirits calls "The Jewel."
• Carolina pulled pork sandwich with eastern Carolina BBQ sauce
• Buttermilk cilantro slaw and BBQ kettle chips
• Soul Patrol buttermilk-fried chicken plate with a honey butter biscuit
• Mohala Farms Waialua collard greens and coleslaw, with optional "sassy" BBQ sauce
You can store your chariot at the following locations:
• Street parking on Beretania and Kina‘u streets from 6pm. FREE
• Lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School (1111 Victoria St.), enter from Beretania or Young street
NOTE: Lot closes promptly at 11pm