June 29, 2018 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
'Mixed Plate' information
The Honolulu Museum of Art is a Mixed Plate, with an encyclopedic collection as diverse as your favorite plate lunch!
Presented by FICOH.
Museum members: Admission is free for museum members. You do not need a ticket. For a speedy entry, use your digital member card in the HoMA mobile app—or check in at the event through the members' line.
Non-members: General admission is $25. You can purchase tickets at the event, or online using the button below. Or for just $5 more you can join or renew a membership to get into ARTafterDARK for free all year.
Tickets are non-refundable.
ART + ENTERTAINMENT
• Asian Art: Koto player Darin Miyashiro fills the Chinese Courtyard with sounds from Japan, the perfect complement to the third-largest collection of Japanese woodblocks in the United States.
• European Art: Experience the transcendent harp of Pumehana before you gaze on Renaissance and Classical artwork.
• Arts of Hawai'i: Tahiti Mana takes the stage to pump up the crowd and celebrate Polynesian culture!
• Archive: Check out images from the museum's opening day in 1917 and beyond in the HoMA Shop, courtesy of museum archivist Dawn Sueoka!
• World Class Collections: As the sun sets, watch Penelope become a stage for the museum's greatest pieces, transformed into a larger than life audiovisual experience. Proudly brought to you by AirAsia.
WIN TWO ROUND TRIP TICKETS TO OSAKA JAPAN
Inspired by the museum's extensive Japanese art collection? Take a photo of yourself with a piece of art from Japan, and post it on Instagram for a chance to win two round trip tickets from AirAsia to Osaka, Japan. To enter, tag @honolulumuseum, @airasia, and @FIRSTINSHI and make sure your profile is public! Winners will be selected about a week after the event, and contacted via direct message.
*Must be 18 years of age. Travel dates and times subject to availability. No cash value. Travelers responsible for all necessary documents.
Now Everyone Can Fly—to Japan and over 130 Destinations
FOOD + DRINK
A reminder that although ARTafterDARK doesn't have an age restriction, the event is loud, crowded, and there is no specific programming for children. Children should be supervised at all times.
You can find parking at the following locations:
• Street parking on Beretania and Kina‘u streets from 6pm. FREE
• Lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School (1111 Victoria St.), enter from Beretania or Young street
NOTE: Lot closes promptly at 11pm