November 16, 2014 11:00am-05:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
Bank of Hawaii Family Sunday event information
The age of Ghengis Khan comes alive with cultural demonstrations by The Khanate of the Golden Horde and LEGO creations by the LEGO Enthusiasts Association of Hawaii.
Note: Activities end at 3pm
• Kids can launch themselves back in time as they design, test, and fire their own small-scale catapults.
• Watch Khanate of the Golden Horde warriors at battle, and learn how to combat as fiercely as they do! The Khanate of the Golden Horde is a group dedicated to researching and recreating the arts and skills of the 1200s to 1500s.
• See and compare period weapons and armor from Europe and Asia (Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Mongol and Persian styles).
• Kids can test their aim at the archery range. (Moms, don't worry, kids use safety blunt-tipped arrows.)
• Don't miss the pumpkin catapult and camp of Mongolian tents.
• The LEGO® Enthusiasts Association of Hawaiʻi (LEAHI) show-off their latest creation, a castle fit for a khan.
FAMILY FILM SUNDAY
Na Mo‘olelo: Hawaii’s Stories
$ 3 adults | $1 children (13 + under)
80 mins | For ages 3+ | All films are in Hawaiian with English subtitles
Four beautiful animated shorts explore some of Hawai‘i’s best-known legends.
FAMILY DAY AT SPALDING HOUSE
Take the free shuttle from Honolulu Museum of Art for more activities and entertainment at our new Family Day at Spalding House in Makiki Heights.
For kids (ages 1-17):
The museum gives contestants a theme and drawing supplies.
The winner receives a Supporting Membership to the Honolulu Museum of Art ($100 value), and his or her artwork is used to create the following month’s event brochure and is posted on the museum's website.