March 18, 2018 10:00am-04:30pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
Bank of Hawaii Family Sunday event information
Enjoy a mix of art and music as the Hawaii Youth Symphony perform in the galleries and on stage.
Entertainment and art activities end at 2pm.
Make your own music!
• Make a bell tambourine and decorate it will color ribbons.
• Scratchboards with a twist. Kids will scratch a design into a CD.
• 10:15am: Catch the choral stylings of the Dolphin Singers from Queen Ka‘ahumanu Elementary School.
• 11:15am: Head to the Mediterranean Courtyard to see the Hawaii Youth Symphony.
• 12:00pm: Hear cellist Jacob Staron put a modern twist on classical music in the Arts of Hawai‘i Gallery.
• 1:00pm: The Wade Cambern Trio will continue the celebration of music with a few jazz tunes and some of Wade's original songs. Wade is a member of the popular Hawaiian Style Band.
FAMILY FILM SUNDAY
An American Tail: 10:30am + 1pm. Free. Journeying by ship from Russia to turn-of-the-century America, Fievel is lost at sea during a ferocious storm. Washing ashore in New York Harbor, Fievel braves the perils and wonders of a strange new world in a thrilling quest to find his family. Featuring the voices of Dom DeLuise, Madeline Kahn and Christopher Plummer, it's a rousing, heartwarming animated adventure for the entire family.
Part of the Honolulu Jewish Film Festival 2018.
Enjoy our full-service Sunday brunch menu at the Café from 11am-2pm. Reservations are recommended: 808-532-8734.
DOUBLE THE FUN
Take a shuttle bus to the museum’s free Family Day at Spalding House in Makiki Heights for more art and fun.
Open to kids age 1 to 17, the contest station features drawing supplies where participants create a drawing based on a theme.
The winner receives a Supporting Membership to the Honolulu Museum of Art ($100 value), and his or her artwork is used to create the following month’s event brochure and is posted on the museum's website.
Congratulations to last month's winner, Joshua Caliboso, age 7, from Mililani!