The Raw and the Cooked
Tuesday Jan 29 01:00 PM
Tuesday Jan 29 07:30 PM
Wednesday Jan 30 01:00 PM
Wednesday Jan 30 07:30 PM
Thursday Jan 31 01:00 PM
Thursday Jan 31 07:30 PM
Friday Feb 01 01:00 PM
Friday Feb 01 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Monika Treut, Germany/Taiwan, 2012 83 mins.
Amis, English, Haka, Mandarin, Taiwanese with English subtitles.
This sumptuous exploration of Taiwan’s rich culinary traditions and unique mix of cultures, highlighting the deep and universal connection between culture and cuisine. Director Monika Treut covers Taipei’s legendary night markets, the hearty cuisine of the Hakka, the seafood specialties of the Ami indigenous tribe, and the efforts of Taiwan’s young environmental movement to create a sustainable food system.
“If one were to use the term ‘food spa,’ as opposed to the obscene-sounding ‘food porn,’ it would apply to The Raw and the Cooked,” writes Maggie Lee in Variety.
Official Selection: Berlin, Vancouver, Hawaii and Hong Kong International Film Festivals
View the trailer
- Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem
- A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night
- Ballet on Screen: Don Quixot…
- Stage on Screen: Great Expec…
- Happy Birthday, Tūtū Ruth an…
- Opera on Screen: Arabella • …
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Family Film Sunday: Azur & Asmar
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana