Chicken with Plums | Poulet aux prunes
Tuesday Feb 12 01:00 PM
Tuesday Feb 12 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Vincent Paronnaud, Marjane Strapi. France, 2011, 93 mins.
French and English with English subtitles
In the follow-up to their Oscar-nominated debut Persepolis, directors Marjane Satrapi and Vincent Paronnaud team up to adapt another of Satrapi's award-winning graphic novels. Since his beloved violin was broken, Nasser Ali Khan, one of the most renowned musicians in Tehran, has lost all taste for life. Finding no instrument worthy of replacing it, he decides to confine himself to bed to await death. As he waits, he plunges into deep reveries, with dreams as melancholic as they are joyous, taking him back to his youth. As pieces of the puzzle gradually fit together, the poignant secret of his life comes to light: a wonderful story of love which inspired his genius and his music.
View the trailer.
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana
- PIC Exchange: Road to the Globe
- PIC Exchange: Nā Loea: The M…
- Tokyo Fiancée • Ni d'Eve, ni d'Adam
- Ballet on Screen: Moulin Rou…
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Girlhood • Bande de filles
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- Number One Fan • Elle L'adore
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- The Young Girls of Rochefort…
- The Chef's Wife • On a faill…
- The Connection • La French
- Family Film Sunday: Song Of …
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …